Saturday 5 September 2020

TEACHER'S DAY:A TRIBUTE

It’s true we don’t know what we have until we find it, but its also true, we don’t know what we’ve been missing until it arrives..

I embarked on one such journey 15 years back.The person I refer was a judge in Income tax court we call ITAT.I was a rookie deptt.rep..What he saw in me I don't know but he called me in his chambers one fine day and gave me the firing of my life ...Telling me what a disservice I was doing to the people of India I represented in that Court.And continued thereafter to call and grill me and teach me till he made a man out of me.He was brilliant & His orders are part of tax folklore.I went on to become the DR with biggest success rate in history of IRS..and the longest serving one.
He got shifted to some other place, I went my way.
Years later, in 2019,I saw him in corridor of Bombay tax court full of lawyers.In full public view I ran to him and touched his feet .He had retired and was on some work to the place.He could not place me.I said;: "Sir.Anadi Varma.You made a man out of a boy 12 years back.Aapka ehsaan taajeevan nahi chuka sakta main".
He was so happy to see me.
As for me...in that moment I was the richest man on planet earth.
DC Agrawal sir.
You made this world a better place.
May you live long and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment