Wednesday 22 September 2021

COMFORT EATING AND STRESS


In the hustle and bustle of professional pursuits ,health often takes a hit.While diabetes,ulcers and B.P. are a given in such situations I was reminded of what my family physician told me more than a decade back:that skin itching and darkening of extremities esp.the hands,is a STRESS reaction!When going through a new article on covid obesity I was startled to find another,huge offshoot of stress:comfort eating.Stress releases the hormone CORTISOL in our bodies ,which INHIBITS THE BURNING OF FAT ,even if working out regularly.And eating in response to stress releases happy hormones.Over time,we unconsciously turn to these foods to deal with anxiety and stress.
This is a huge eye opener and should be to all of us .Racing for success and excellence is fine,but beware of this collateral damage.

OOops.I am so stressed writing and reading all this.Time to raid the refrigerator!!😊



Kidding!.Don't.



No comments:

Post a Comment